Honda's 3E vision stands for "Empower, Experience, Empathy,"
The Honda Motor Company its history is connected with the name of Soichiro Honda. Born in 1906, Soichiro Honda was a prominent Japanese racing driver and engineer.
1. The history of the Honda brand begins in 1946, in the post-war Japan, when an engineer and ex-racing driver Soichiro Honda founded his first enterprise, the Honda Technical Research Institute.
2. This venture was focused on development, production and repair of motorized bicycles and motorcycles. Two years later, the company started production of its own power units, and its name was changed to the Honda Motor Company.
3. Honda is the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959.
4. The company builds over 14 million internal combustion engines every year making it it’s largest manufacturer in the world.
5. Did you know the founder of Honda, Soichiro Honda was turned down when he applied for an Engineering job in Toyota.
6. “The power of dreams” is the official slogan of the Honda brand.
7. The Honda Prelude is the first production car to have the four–wheel steering.
8. Honda makes private jet aircrafts, the HA420 Hondajet, which is powered by their own engines.
9. Honda has its own airport in Japan, near its main plant. It’s called Honda airport!.
10. Honda is one of the largest exporter of soybeans from USA because they don’t want to return empty containers to Japan.
11. It was the first Japanese car manufacturer to launch the dedicated luxury brand in 1986- named Acura.
12. In 2005, during the EAA Air Venture airshow in USA, Honda surprised its fans by entering the aircraft production market. The Japanese company presented its very first aircraft, the light twin-engine business jet, named the Honda HA-420 HondaJet.
13. In October of 1946, Soichiro Honda established the Honda Technical Research Institute in Hamamatsu, Japan in order to develop and produce small 2-cycle motorcycle engines.
Two years later, Honda Motor Company, Ltd. was born, and in 1959 Honda opened a tiny shop in Los Angeles with six employees, a trio of extremely well-made motorbikes, and a dream.
Over the next 50 years Honda has released a massive amount of motorcycles, from the insanely fast CBR, to the puttering little 50cc Super Cub.
14. Another interesting fact about Honda has it that is V-tech engines have been one of the significant milestones in the production car tech till date. Make no mistake, but Honda was the first to use it in production vehicle before all the rest car makers followed the trend.
15. Apart from automobiles, Honda developed ASIMO, an android designed primarily to help the people who have limited mobility due to physical impediments. It marked a breakthrough in the field of robotic mobility and encouraged the youngsters to study mathematics and science.
16. The Honda Accord has been on the Car and Driver’s 10 Best Cars for 30 times. According to Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division of American Honda Motor Co, Inc: “Do something special once, you might be called lucky.
Do something special twice, you start to build some credibility. Do something special 30 times, like the 10 Best Honda Accord, and you’ve accomplished something truly extraordinary.
17. The Honda Accord was the first imported car in 1989 that became a best-seller in the U.S. Its importance can’t be ignored here, since it paved the way for Honda to become a household name in the U.S.
18. In 1999, Honda started production of the original first-generation Insight, which was a subcompact hybrid sedan that stayed in production until 2006.
After a brief hiatus, Honda finally introduced a second-generation compact Insight for the 2010 model year, which this time only stayed in production until 2014 and was killed off due to poor sales.
19. Toyota and Honda are recalling more than 1 million additional vehicles in the U.S. to replace defective and potentially deadly Takata air bag inflators.
The new recalls come after Takata revealed that another 3.3 million inflators are defective. The latest recalls are part of the largest series of automotive recalls in U.S. history, with 19 automakers having to recall up to 69 million inflators in 42 million vehicles. The problem brought a criminal conviction and fine against Takata and forced the Japanese company into bankruptcy protection.
20. Honda has announced the team for which 2009 Formula One world champion Jenson Button will contest his first full season with in Japan's 2018 Super GT series.
3. Associated Press