1. Making Your Page Awesome
1. Get nice pictures. The pictures on your page, like your profile and cover image, are what make your first impression on people so it’s really important for them to be good. Make your profile picture something really interesting and make sure that the colors in both pictures go well together.
For example, get a nice black and white picture of yourself to use as a portrait and then a black and white, wide, narrow shot of you walking in a forest or doing an activity you enjoy to use for your cover image.
Making your pictures match each other will make your page look more professional when people come to it.
2. Develop a persona. You want to seem like a larger-than-life person, someone who does interesting things and has interesting opinions. Make sure that people see you as a full person by posting opinions, discussions, and things that are important to you. People should feel like they know you, so make it easy to understand who you are and what you care about.
Always be upbeat or positive. You should be a person who is upbeat or positive. Constantly complaining about girls/boys, your family, or whatever else drives you crazy is just going to drive people away. They have enough of their own problems and they want to feel like even when someone has a hard time, they can find the upside in the situation.
3. Post cool content. You want the content you post to be interesting. Don’t just post about the laundry sitting on your floor or whiny, passive-aggressive attempts to get attention. Instead, post funny stories, good jokes, awesome pictures, and interesting facts. Post things that are relevant or improve other people’s day, not something annoying and boring.
If you have a talent, use it! If you sing, draw, write, or have any other talent that you can show off, do that! Record videos or post pictures to get other people interested in the cool things you do.
You can also post content you like that you find on Tumblr, Reddit, Upworthy, and other popular sites, if you don't always have the time or ability to make your own.
4. Don’t be spammy. Don’t post too often, post about social games you’re playing, or treat your Facebook wall like an advertisement for a store. When stores ask you to mention them on Facebook for a discount, ignore it. When something you’re about to post looks like it would go to the spam folder in your email, stop. Being spammy will make people take you out of their feed fast!
Building a Following
1. Make your page public. If you want to get lots of friends on Facebook and get lots of people looking at your content, make your page a public page. This will really help make sure that more people see your stuff. Just remember: don’t post anything that’s going to come back to haunt you!
2. Get lots of friends. Friend everyone you meet in real life, if possible. Friend everyone at school and try to friend your friends’ friends as well (now there’s a tongue twister).
When someone you aren’t friends with comments or interacts with your posts, friend them. When you see someone on a fan page you think might like your page, friend them. The more friends you have, the more people will see and interact with your posts.
Friend even people that you don't know very well or only met once. No one is actually personal friends with 500+ people, so don't feel discourages when you see other famous Facebook users with huge friends lists.
Don't forget to friend people that you haven't seen in a really long time. Maybe those friendships will even be rekindled!
3. Join communities and groups. Find a community that would like you and join it. Fan pages, groups, anything like that where you are the person to know because you are a great example of what that group of people find interesting.
Groups and communities are great ways to meet people and make new friends outside of your immediate area, giving you a voice across the country and across the world!
Appealing to one group of people is going to be easier than trying to appeal to everyone. Find your niche and appeal to them.
4. Encourage interaction. Your posts should make people want to comment like, or otherwise interact with you. Post questions, opinions on controversial topics, or inspiring quotes or stories.
The more likes, shares, and comments you get, the more Facebook will make sure that people see your posts.
Example posts would look like: "I'm no policy adviser, but the US is handling this Syria business all wrong. What do you guys think?" or "Macklemore concert next month...wish I could go so bad! Who's with me?" or "“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”-Marilyn Monroe".
5. Interact a lot. Interact with other people a lot. This will make them feel like they know you and will also give you the chance to meet new friends.
Comment on their status updates and pictures, leave birthday messages, and find other ways to interact with everyone you’re friends with on Facebook.
6. Time important or exciting posts carefully. When you’re posting something that you really want people to see, make sure you time it well. Saturday mornings and weekday evenings are when the greatest number of people are checking their feed!
Expanding Your Reach
1. Use Twitter and Instagram too. Post stuff on twitter and Instagram to make sure even more people get to see your content. Make sure that there is a link to your Facebook so that they can find you and friend you there for even more content and posts. Try not to overlap the content too much: you want people to feel like they have a reason to follow you on every network, not just one!
2.Pair your Facebook with a blog. To give people even more of a connection to you, have a blog. This can be on Facebook but keeping it on a separate site would be better, since it will help increase your audience.
Make sure your blog content is just as interesting and personal, so that people are invested in the things you write down. Have a link to your Facebook and encourage people to friend you there.
3.Advertise yourself on other websites. If you do have a blog, find ways to advertise your blog elsewhere to draw in even more people. Find communities which are interested in the kind of content you post and comment, telling them to friend you to find all sorts of cool new stuff.
1. Add people who are famous already.
2. Always be an active user!
3. The goal is to make yourself seem cool and interesting and the sort of person that people would brag about knowing or being friends with. Then, to really seal the deal, make everyone feel like they know you really well (even if they don’t). They’ll like being “friends” with someone like you because it makes them feel cooler, funnier, or more interesting by association.
4. Don't forget to wish everyone a happy birthday!
5. Be real. Read more of the news feed on your home page and verify content before hitting 'like'. This makes your community more genuine than just a mere follower.
6.Log in every day if you can.
7. Ask questions about public ideas such as "Who will go to the Eurovision this year?".
8.Always try to tag that person who's more popular on Facebook. You never know, it might work!
1. Don’t post anything that you’ll regret later in life. Lots of people have lost jobs, scholarships, and other opportunities because of things they posted on Facebook.
2. Don't call yourself famous. Don't be narcissistic.
3. Don't demand attention or people to like you on Facebook, because they'll most likely avoid you altogether.
4. Don't be mean! You have to be nice and kind with all.
5. Fame really isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Prepare yourself for downsides.
6. Don't write rude comments in photos or status of others and yourself.
7.Don't write racist/politic or religion views in your status.