Ever since the moment of the first impact at the World Trade Center, a struggle has raged between two broad, competing ideas of what really happened on September 11th, 2001.
The U.S. administration delivered an almost immediate verdict, which can be described as follows: Dispatched by Osama Bin Ladin's network and motivated by hatred and religious fanaticism, 19 suicide bombers hijacked four planes, crashed three of them into their targets, and caused the collapse of the Twin Towers as a consequence of the resulting damage and fires. The 19 men did not necessarily require any accomplices within the United States; and no one in the U.S. government could have possibly anticipated or prevented the attacks.
Even as the administration exploited this Official Story (or "Official Conspiracy Theory") as the pretext to launch new wars long in the making, independent researchers began to accumulate a vast body of evidence suggesting a different narrative for 9/11: that of the False Flag Operation.
The 9/11 events and the anomalies in the official story raised Unanswered Questions about:
- The unprecedented failure of the U.S. air defense system on the morning of the attacks;
- The AWOL military chain of command during the actual attacks, including the inexplicable behavior of the presidential entourage;
- The seeming impossibility of official claims with regard to Flight 77;
- The evidence that Flight 93 was shot down;
- Contradictions and dubious evidence in the official claims about the alleged hijackers and masterminds, and doubts about their real identities;
- Signs that the alleged hijackers enjoyed high-level protection against discovery by honest investigators;
- Evidence that the alleged hijackers were financed by states allied with US intelligence;
- Suspicious and massive international financial trades suggesting foreknowledge of the attacks;
- Widespread signs of official foreknowledge and, in fact, advance preparation for the 9/11 attack scenario;
- The long-running links between Islamist fundamentalist terror cells and US covert operations, dating back to CIA support for the anti-Soviet mujahedeen and Osama Bin Laden himself;
- The demolition-like collapse of the Twin Towers and of a third skyscraper, WTC 7;
- And questions concerning who could have logically expected to derive benefit in the aftermath of a massive attack on the United States. 911truth.org